Unraveling the Math
How much percentage from a class of 30 students would agree with you that Mathematics remains a leading subject? You might answer, “around 10 to 35%” which is all. True, most youngsters today aren’t thrilled to unravel Mathematical equations, not because they do not know the processes involved, but thanks to the shortage of interest in it. In a similar way, our routine activities won’t consistently carry 100% joy and 0% problems.
At intervals, we encounter more problems than joy. Some of us possess the skill to handle these problems. Want to fathom their secrets? Well, carefree people, as some might dub them, have one thing in common: optimism. Do they encounter problems? Definitely. How do they address these problems? Head on.
Try remembering a colleague, a relative, a friend, or someone from your community who has the brightest smile at the beginning until the top of the day. How many times did you note that person frown? A carefree person’s attitude is contagious and this is what makes it fun to be in their company.
Have you tried inquiring them how they handle their problems lightly? Underneath remain their secrets:
1. Learn to manage your feelings by separating negative feelings from cheerful thoughts. This is the first step in combating problems. It’s after cleansing your mind from unnecessary thoughts, that you start solving your problems.
2. Treat each problem as a challenge and opportunity for self-improvement.
3. Free that scapegoat attitude. Are you jabbing your finger or blaming others for mishaps? Take responsibility for your mistakes. No one is ideal, so never put the blame on others.
4. Use a pen and paper, detail your problem, and the possible solution. The probability law principle will allow you to evaluate how far you have thought of resolving your problems.
5. Keep a journal and regard it as a “confidential friend” who is always willing to listen to your grievances. Communicate your feelings freely.
6. Develop a noteworthy hobby, for this, will aid you, lessen or minimize stress in your life.
7. Take time off from work and introduce variations of your daily schedule. Relax and check out the best movies in town. Travel and encounter new wonderful people. You will find these activities worthwhile at the end of the day. The above tips will assist you to optimize those positive feelings of yours.
Say you are already consumed by some problems. Here are the 1-2-3 steps in your problem solving:
1. Determine the root cause of the problem. If you think that it’s challenging, ask many why’s and what’s and you’ll soon determine the cause.
2. Think, strategize, and act for resolution.
3. Develop a burning desire to solve the problem.
4. Review the situation for you to avoid rehearsing the same mistakes committed beforehand.
5. Do not be frustrated.
6. Stay motivated.
7. Rant out your frustration and anger.
Never consume or lock yourself in your room when a problem strikes. Think that problems represent states of your being limited to something you desire the foremost. But if you can’t obtain that significant thing, accept it. Let go, and you will detach yourself from worries. Remember, fewer worries indicate fewer problems. Before running away from a room overcrowded with “Problems”, know that there is another room available for you called “Improvement.”
With this in mind, here’s a look at a couple of books that might add to what we have tried to convey.